In winter, Boulder’s roads and mountainous terrain can become treacherous to drive in. Streets can get wet, icy and covered in snow, resulting in hazardous driving conditions. The last thing you need is a broken down vehicle or an accident when it’s -20 Fahrenheit.
Benjamin Franklin said that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This is as true today as it was back then. It’s also something that we take to heart here at Independent Motors: Preventative Auto Maintenance. So, before winter starts, we recommend that you get your car or truck winter-ready:
We offer FREE Winterization & Tire Inspection Services for Residents of Boulder
- Is your battery in good shape?
- Are your tires suitable for the driving conditions including ice and snow?
- Is your coolant protected enough for the cold?
- Are your lights operating as intended?
- Is your windshield wiper fluid topped up?
- Are your wipers in good shape?
Keep in mind: your cooling system should maintain your engine at the correct operating temperature when it’s cold outside. If it isn’t working, your engine could be damaged. Also, it keeps the inside cabin at a comfortable temperature and your windshield free of ice and snow while driving. Is there anything worse than driving with a windshield covered in snow that you can’t see through?